Friday, January 05, 2007

Buenos Aires

Another late post from HCMC, Vietnam. When Ewa and I talk about towns which we have visited which we could live in for any period of time, Buenos Aires always comes up. Our reasons are it is 60-85 degrees Fahrenheit year round, it is situated on a river not far from the ocean and it is advanced enough to be interesting and not too frustrating. Oh, and the availability of cheap but great Malbec and steaks helps too! We spent New Years Eve in BA but that really wasn't that interesting. There was a free concert which we heard about 20 minutes of and then we went for a nice sushi dinner in a "trendy" part of town. It was like being in NYC; there was even about the same percentage of people speaking Spanish.

We spent a fair amount of time walking around the city and enjoying steaks at as many different "parrillas" as possible and getting geared up for our time in the mountains. We saw several tango shows on the streets and one show in a theater which was more like a Las Vegas show. Not my thing.

The steaks were my thing. I could have done nothing but eat steak. I would like to point out that while traveling through Peru and Bolivia decent meat is hard to come by and if you are lucky enough to find it, it's expensive. Being in BA was like Heaven for a carnivore like me (I don't like veggies).

I just added the pics from Bangkok Later

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home